Good Domain Name
The main thing that comes to our mind, when setting up a blog is getting a good domain name. In this article, I have portrayed why I think it is important to pick a good domain name. I have additionally clarified how you can pick a good domain name for your blog or website followed by some domain name picking tips and general outlines (“dos” and “don’t s”).
Why Pick A Good Domain Name For Your Blog
Aside from numerous different reasons, you need to pick a good domain name for your blog/website from the beginning, because of the fact that you have to stuck with that name for the rest of the blog’s life.
The reason I say that you will be stuck with that name is essential because of the fact that changing the domain name is somewhat similar to starting from the very beginning and you would not prefer to do that once your site is set up and getting consistent traffic and you have developed a brand.
You will begin with “0” Google Page rank and you have to work again if you do change the name in the middle. The Alexa rank and other positioning measurements will drop too on the grounds because all these rankings are related to the domain name.
So the primary concern is that you need to pick a good domain name that you can live with from the start. Presently, the question is how?
How To Pick A Good Domain Name For Your Blog
I don’t believe that there are any hard standards in the matter of how a domain name should be picked, so utilize the following guidelines for picking your domain name:
1. Use Keywords: Use keywords in the domain name that depict your site). The domain name should suggest the nature of your product and services. A good domain name portrays precisely what truly matters to the site. It is critical for a guest to get a thought of what the site is about just by taking a looking at the domain name
2. Simple to recall: A domain name ought to be anything but easy to remember because your clients will want to type your domain name in the web browser and if your domain name is difficult to remember, there is always a risk of losing a good potential customer.
3. Keep the domain name short: A domain name ought to be short with under 10 characters. It also helps” simple to recall” point when it is short in length
4. Make it simple to type: Try to get the domain name that is simple to type (in the event that you can). Simple to type domain names are useful for branding.
5. Think Local: If your online business is local then consider including your area, city or state in the domain name.
6. Domain name extension: Try to get the “.com” Top Level Domain (TLD) expansion as it is the most prominent. It is likewise the most broadly acknowledged domain name expansion. At the point when individuals consider a site, their mind automatically “domain-name.com” as the address. You can likewise utilize the “.net” and “.organization” expansions in the event that you can’t discover a “.com” extension.
Would it be a good idea for you to Use YourName.com or YourBusinessName.com?
If the commodity of your business is YOU then utilize yourname.com as your space name. This works out great if you are a creator, speaker, mentor and so forth.
In the event that your business is based on a product or services then utilize yourbusinessname.com or your productname.com.
Some General Things To Know About
• Lawful clashes: Spend a touch of time looking around to ensure you are not picking a domain name that is like an officially settled opponent
• Avoid Copyright Issues: Make sure that the name you will utilize is not copyrighted.
• Be aware of the scammers: There is a considerable measure of spammers around, so attempt to ensure you purchase your area name from a registrar who is in the ICANN’s (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) accredited registrar’s list.